Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
Data and technological innovation are key drivers for many clients in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
Technological innovation, including artificial intelligence, is unlocking vast opportunities for growth and productivity. At the same time, these advances are giving rise to new and rapidly evolving cyber risks that are placing an emphasis on cybersecurity and increasing the need for a focused strategy to manage those risks. Likewise, data collection, use and storage is subject to an increasingly complex framework of regulatory provisions, all of which need to be identified, managed and understood.
At Deloitte Legal Canada, our lawyers work with clients to ensure their business is ready and well positioned to take advantage of technological advances while staying compliant with emerging regulatory provisions and protecting their brand.
Deloitte Legal lawyers have experience in many sectors that range from small technology start-ups to large financial institutions and can advise clients on all data privacy and cybersecurity matters including the following:
- Data breach and cybercrime
- Privacy and security due diligence in commercial transactions
- Global data transfer solutions
- Policies and governance procedures review
- Government and law enforcement data requests
- Digital media privacy and customer relationship management (CRM) strategy