Tax Litigation and Controversy
Deloitte Legal is a national law firm. Our team of tax lawyers has extensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and tax litigation, and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions.
Our tax litigation and controversy services include advice and representation with respect to the following:
- Management of large and complex tax audits and dealing with audit queries and formal requirements to provide information and documents.
- Administrative appeals to tax authorities and litigation before the courts, including:
- Preparation of Notices of Objection to dispute tax assessments or reassessments.
- Appeals to the Tax Court of Canada, Federal Court of Appeal, provincial courts and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Applications for judicial review of administrative decisions or omissions of the tax authorities.
- Obtaining rectification orders from the provincial courts.
- Making voluntary disclosures to correct deficiencies in non-compliance
- Defending criminal tax prosecutions.
- Advising on tax risks related to transactions, including risks relating to the General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR).